What is a Minor Eye Conditions Service
Conditions that can be seen under the service include:
● Red eye or eyelids
● Dry eye, or gritty and uncomfortable eyes
● Irritation and inflammation of the eye
● Significant recent sticky discharge from the eye or watery eye
● Recently occurring flashes or floaters
● Ingrowing eyelashes
● Recent and sudden loss of vision
● Foreign body in the eye
If you are unsure whether your symptoms can be assessed and
treated by the service, please contact a participating optician who will advise you.
Also, if you have a major eye condition that is being regularly monitored by your optometrist or hospital eye service, this will not be covered by this service; for example,cataracts, diabetic retinopathy or glaucoma.
For information on participating Opticians and how to book, please click this link eyecare wm for more information.